A type of psychotherapy, hypnotherapy has various uses, ranging from treating emotional disorders to easing delivery pain
Hypnotherapy is an alternative form of therapy which tries to heal a person by creating subconscious changes in his personality. Once a person is subject to hypnotherapy, it brings out new thoughts, ideas, feelings and behavioral changes, which he/she never knew existed.
What happens when you are hypnotized?
When hypnotized, the person is known to display very different behavior, in comparison to a non-hypnotized person.
Hypnotherapy, is termed by some, as the practice of promoting healing and positive personality development. Most people think that under hypnosis, people are in a state of sleep. That is far from true. One is not asleep under hypnosis, instead, it is a trance-like situation where all of the patient’s senses are on high alert. Under hypnosis, the conscious mind sleeps while the subconscious mind is awakened.
The many uses of hypnotherapy
Popular as a form of psychotherapy, hypnosis has many uses.
- Firstly, it serves as an important tool in treating many psychological, emotional and physical ordeals. With the person under hypnosis, health-care professionals can get a better understanding of their problems.
- Finding solutions for emotional disorders also becomes easy with hypnotherapy.
- Hypnotherapy has wide use in gynecology and obstetrics. Here it is used to reduce the time taken for delivery and bring down the need for painkillers. This proves to be a great relief for the mothers and doctors involved.
- This practice is widely used to help people dealing with different kinds of phobia.
- Those suffering from panic attacks, obsessive-compulsive behavior, and stress-related problems like insomnia also make use of hypnotherapy to find cure to their ailments.