More often that not, summer in reality is never like what they show it to be in the movies. It’s not all about fun and frolic at the beach, nor is it about picnics in the park. Mostly, summer is pretty unbearable. The heat and the sweat can literally drive a person insane. Even beach bums swear to be done with summer after a point. After all, nobody wants to be sweaty all day, get nasty tans, and have clothes sticking to their body as though it were cling film!
You definitely don’t want to drown in literal summertime sadness. Worry not ladies, we’re here to give you some nifty fashion tips for the summer season. Outfits, footwear, accessories—you’ll find it all here! This is your guide to making summertime more pleasant.
Skirts and shorts are a summer wardrobe staple. Summer calls for short shorts, the high-waisted ones and bermudas. From quirky embroidered ones to crisp, tailored ones, your options are endless. For a more breezy look, opt for skirts. Printed, denim, A-line, flared—yet again your options are many! Harem pants are definitely in! Probably the most comfortable and stylish piece of hippie clothing, you’ll never want to take them off.
Bring out the tube tops, halter necks, tank tops, lightweight blouses, and crops tops! Summer means free and airy clothing. Let nothing stop you from dressing up comfortably. Largely, ‘tis the season of crop tops, and here you’ll find 14 different ways to style the crop top. Awesome, isn’t it?
Dresses have got to be the perfect summer attire. Wondering what are the best throw-on-and-go summer dresses?
- A lace frock: A lace frock in white or pastel shades will be perfect for an outdoor picnic/party.
- A casual maxi: Look effortlessly glamorous in a casual maxi dress. I’ve always thought maxis look best in a solid color. However, you can also go for stripes, florals or a color-block piece.
- A shift dress: A sunny day essential, they are breezy and don’t stick to your body. Weekend, work, brunch, or date—you can wear it anywhere.
- An ombré fit & flare dress: Pick them out in colors you fancy. The hues and flattering fit will make it your go-to choice for all your summer parties.
Whether you’re going to take a dip in the water or not, going to the beach means you need a swimsuit. Else, how can you click Instagram worthy pictures to upload with the caption ‘beach bum’? Whether you don a one piece or a two-piece swimsuit, pep it up by throwing on a sarong or a kaftan for a snazzy cover-up.
From embellished flats to block heels, flip flops to gladiator sandals—there are many ways to summer-ify your shoe closet.
- Gladiator sandals: Stylish and practical, you can match them with almost anything—dresses, shorts & top, skirt & top, etc.
- Sneakers: Add a sporty touch to dresses or skirts with a pair of sneakers.
- Flip flops: Totally a summer essential in the shoe closet, these are probably the most comfortable piece of footwear to wear during summer. You can buy them in a bunch of colors to match different outfits.
Sunscreen and shades are must-have accessories for summer months. Before you step out, don’t forget to slather on some sunscreen. And don’t forget to carry your shades along with you. Confused whether you should buy wayfarers or aviators? Step into any eyewear store and try on a few pairs on to get an idea.
There you go! You’ve got summer styling covered. Now, go on! Flaunt your fun and fabulous self, and make summertime a happy season.