While on the internet, we come across numerous types of websites. Some look similar, some look different, but if you are familiar with them to a certain extent, you would be able to navigate your way through them. Among the features that most of the websites have in common, you would have chanced upon the contact form that can usually be found in the ‘Contact’ section of websites. Do all websites have a contact form? Probably not. But does yours need one? Let’s it say that is better to have one than not. Here are five reasons why you should have a contact form on your website.
1. Ensures that you are always reachable: One of the most important reasons why business owners decide to get a website in the first place is to be available to their customers 24X7. However, it is not enough to create a website, put all the necessary information on it and let it be. There should also be a provision for users to reach you with queries, and the contact form serves exactly this purpose. Your phone lines being open might depend on your working hours, so your contact form is what your customers would look for in order to get in touch with you.
2. Makes it easy to reach you: A great website takes into consideration everything a user might want to do on it and is designed accordingly. If you understand how people on the internet think and behave, you would know that they would rather fill a contact form than open their email account and draft an email if they have a query or a business proposition. In other words, a contact form makes it easier for your users to contact you.
3. Reduces spam: There are bots crawling through every page of every website on the internet, trying to find email IDs they could spam. These unsolicited emails have a way of making their way into your inbox if you have listed your email ID. Using a contact form helps to prevent your inbox from being flooded with spam messages, some that could even threaten your website’s security.
4. Helps to filter queries: The contact form on your website can be linked to any specific email ID. For example, if you are expecting only queries through your contact form, it would be a good idea to have it linked to an email ID separate from the one you use for business correspondence. That way, you can receive all inquiries in one place and the other important emails in a different email ID.
5. Helps to fine-tune your business through insights: We have already established the fact that having a contact form makes it very easy for your users to ask you queries or leave feedback. These queries and feedback will help you recognize the key areas of your business that need improvement and will aid you to fine-tune your business processes and succeed in the future.
Adding a contact form to your website is a very simple task. You can either do it manually or use a third-party contact form service or even add a contact form plugin. It would certainly be of great use to you and your business whether you are expecting feedback or queries, or just putting it out there so your business is always reachable to its customers.