Apart from the dream of building a successful business, what is the one thing that most entrepreneurs have in common? If somebody were to ask them how they are, the most common answer would probably be ‘busy’. True that building a business from scratch is no walk in the park, and it’s a known fact that most entrepreneurs burn the midnight oil one too many times to stay focused on their goal. So, how can a busy entrepreneur (who is also hungry for knowledge) devote a little time every day for learning something new? With the help of podcasts, of course!
Podcasts offers a great opportunity to fit a little bit of learning into your already jam-packed schedule. You can listen to it any time of the day, whenever you are free—whether it is while commuting to and from your office, while running an errand or even when you are doing the dishes at the end of the day! So, here are five podcasts to squeeze into your hectic entrepreneur lifestyle so that you get your daily dose of learning in order to stay relevant and on top of your game!
1. Entrepreneurs on Fire: The trouble with most podcasts is that the creator runs out of ideas after a while. John Lee Dumas seems to have solved that problem with Entrepreneurs on Fire. He has managed to interview a new entrepreneur every day for six years! Even though his questions are standard, his interviewees offer distinct and insightful answers that educate and inspire his audience!
2. Business Wars: Competition and rivalry fuel the world of business. Hosted by David Brown, former anchor of Marketplace, Business Wars tells the real stories of battle and rivalry between big businesses such as Netflix Vs HBO, Nike Vs Adidas and eBay Vs PayPal.
3. The $100 MBA Show: What if we told you that you could acquire some practical business gyaanin under 15 minutes every day? What is that – the time it takes for you to get dressed in the morning? Yes, we are telling you that you could expand your knowledge on running a business simply by tuning into this podcast which covers a multitude of business-related topics. Hosted by Omar Zenhom, the $100 MBA Show has a staggering 70,000 daily listeners!
4. Mixergy: If you are an entrepreneur seeking inspiration, this may be the podcast for you! For an entrepreneur, the first year in business is often the toughest and is usually glossed over in interviews and seldom spoken about in detail. What they did after they became successful is an entirely different story – one that makes you aspire to be like them. But the stories of struggle, the hardships, how they overcame the obstacles in their path—now, that is inspirational and informative, and that is exactly what Mixergy podcasts are all about.
5. Hack the Entrepreneur: Jon Nastor, the author of ‘Hack the Entrepreneur: How to Stop Procrastinating, Build a Business, and Do Work That Matters’, interviews successful people in the business field – from solo entrepreneurs to Silicon Valley start-up moguls. This podcast tackles everything from developing and nurturing an entrepreneurial mindset to creating the ultimate sales pitch.
The quality and relevance of the content these podcasts deliver are only a part of the reason why they are so popular. Once you subscribe to a podcast feed, your laptop or mobile phone automatically downloads them as soon as they are available, allowing you to listen to them at your convenience. So, the next time you are faced with the quotidian tasks of every day life, plug your earphones in, switch a podcast on and give yourself a chance to further your learning.