How to Make the Perfect Butter Cream
Here’s an easy way to make delicious butter cream at home…
Most people do not care for butter cream icing but when made well it can be just what your cake needs to add that extra bit of oomph. The butter cream icing that we get from most bakeries is frequently made with some kind of fat which leaves an unpleasant taste and film on your tongue. When made with actual butter, it’s melt-in-your-mouth delicious.
Here is a recipe for that perfect butter cream
- 1 cup of salted butter
- 3 teaspoons of vanilla
- 4 cups of sifted icing sugar
- 4-5 tablespoons of cream
- Using beaters or a cake mixer, beat the salted butter till it becomes lighter in color and aerated.
- Add in the icing sugar a little at a time.
- Once the butter cream is smooth, add the cream.
- For a stiff icing, reduce the amount of cream.
- Add the vanilla and keep mixing it until fluffy and thoroughly combined.
- Make sure the butter and cream are at room temperature to keep the butter cream from splitting.
- Do not over whip as the mixture could curdle and lose its lightness.
- Use fresh icing sugar.
- If you are using fruit purees to flavor the butter cream, fold it into the cream instead of mixing it. Folding ensures the butter cream is still fluffy.