How to Make Marbled Paper
Learn how to make marble paper at home…
Marble paper is truly classy looking. And it looks pretty tough to make, doesn’t it? However, through trial and error and extensive research, the following method was born. Marbled paper is great for gift paper, gift bags, homemade cards and envelopes. The quality of paper and its thickness will also play a big part in the final result.
- Shaving foam
- A small amount of paint
- A spatula
- A chopstick or a knitting needle
- A deep baking tray or disposable aluminum tray
- Spray shaving foam into the tray.
- Add drops of desired color to the foam.
- With a chopstick or knitting needle, swirl the colors through the foam gently.
- Take the paper and press it down on the foam.
- Gently lift the paper and, using a spatula, scrape off the excess foam from the paper.
- You will now see the marbled effect on the paper.
- Wipe the rest of the foam with a tissue and leave to dry for half an hour.