The Magic of Rosewater
Rosewater is one of the oldest forms of beauty treatment that has been used down the ages. My grandmother continues to endorse it!
Rosewater can be called the magic potion for beauty with good reason. Suitable for all skin types, rosewater and rose oil are components of most cosmetic products. Apply it topically, include it in face masks or add a few drops to your bath water; rosewater works its magic every way. This magic beauty potion has several benefits.
Benefits of rosewater
- Rosewater is excellent for maintaining the pH balance of the skin. It controls excess oil secretion and cleanses clogged pores of oil and dirt.
- Rose water keeps the skin hydrated as it acts as a moisturizer. It revitalizes the skin and gives it a fresh look.
- The anti-inflammatory properties of rosewater soothes red and irritated skin. It also rids the skin of acne and other skin conditions like eczema and dermatitis.
- The anti-bacterial properties of rosewater speed the process of healing wounds, cuts and scars. It also helps to get rid of a tan.
- Rosewater has antioxidant properties that strengthens skin cells and regenerates skin tissues.
- Rosewater improves blood circulation and helps in getting rid of damaged capillaries and thread veins.
- Rosewater is a natural hair conditioner and keeps hair shiny and smooth. It improves the quality of hair, treats mild scalp inflammations and gets rid of dandruff.
- Sprinkling a few drops of rosewater on your pillow relaxes you. The scent helps you sleep better and wake up feeling refreshed.
- Rosewater slows the process of aging as it keeps the skin firm and free from wrinkles.
- Rosewater can be added to any face mask for its astringent-like properties. Once the facial is completed with steaming, rosewater can be applied to the face to tighten capillaries and reduce blotchiness and redness.
- Applied at night, it cleanses the face of all impurities and acts as a revitalizer while you sleep through the night.
- Rosewater also keeps the eyes healthy and helps rid them of dark circles.
How to use rosewater
- Take a spoon of fuller earth and add a few drops of rosewater. Make a paste and apply on your face. Leave it for 30 minutes and wash. Do this regularly for radiant skin.
- Make a paste with ground almonds, honey and rosewater. It leaves the skin softer and lighter after application and wash.
- A mix of rosewater and sandalwood powder is the best face mask to prevent and get rid of acne.
- Swabs of cotton dipped in rosewater and placed on the eyes provides instant relief from tiredness and removes dark circles.
- Rosewater combined with a paste of fenugreek seeds or glycerin or jojoba oil is great for hair care. It cleanses the scalp, keeps dandruff at bay and helps repair damaged hair.