Jeera for Wellness
Simple kitchen habits can keep us in the best of health, and our granny’s alcove has proved this time and again. The wonder condiment, jeera or cumin spices up your cuisine, is readily available through all seasons and is a popular cooking spice that lends its strong flavor and tepid aroma to jazz up different cuisines.
Be healthy and glowing with cumin
A few sips of jeera water make a world of difference to your health and looks. Just boil a handful of jeera in potable drinking water, strain and drink after it cools. Or you may soak jeera overnight in water and drink it the next morning after straining. Jeera can also be had in the form of tea. Cumin is a natural remedy for several health conditions and also pampers your skin and hair.
Gateway to great health
Jeera is known for its anti-inflammatory, anti-bacterial and anti-fungal properties that help fight several infections and diseases.
- Jeera’s digestive properties place it in the top rank of health-promoting, natural spices. Drinking jeera water everyday helps stimulate secretion of enzymes that break carbohydrates and fats. It also increases metabolism; conditions like diarrhea, ulcers, acidity, malabsorption, nausea, flatulence and morning sickness can be kept at bay.
- Being rich in fiber, jeera water or a powder of roasted cumin seeds help relieve constipation.
- Antioxidants present in jeera help flush out toxins from your body and promote the functioning of organs like the liver and the stomach.
- Cumin is rich in vitamins and boosts your immune system. Jeera water made from a teaspoon of jeera seeds contains around 1.3 mg of iron. Vitamins A and C which are found in jeera have antioxidant benefits.
- Jeera is used as a natural medicine for treating anemia since it contains iron, which helps in the formation of oxygen-carrying red blood corpuscles in the blood.
- The iron content in cumin makes it beneficial for pregnant as well as lactating women and helps nourish the fetus in the womb.
- Apart from its carminative and digestive benefits, jeera water is good for your respiratory system too. Cumin is anti-congestive and dilutes the mucous built up in the chest, enabling discharge of the mucous. Jeera also has antiseptic properties and kills microorganisms responsible for cold, cough and fever.
- Drinking jeera water early in the morning on an empty stomach helps regulate blood pressure since jeera is high in potassium content.
- Cumin is helpful for those who are looking to lose weight.
- Drinking jeera water helps relieve menstrual cramps.
- Improve your brain power by drinking jeera water everyday! Cumin is known to markedly improve your memory.
- Insomniacs can now sleep as soon as they hit the bed by simply adding jeera water to their diet!
Look your best!
A glowing skin is a sign of good health. Jeera water strengthens you internally and also bestows huge benefits on your skin and hair.
- Free radical scavengers in cumin seeds make it an effective detoxifier and cleanser. Jeera water is a great skin cleanser that keeps your skin rejuvenated adding a natural glow to your skin.
- Minerals in jeera including calcium, potassium, copper, selenium, manganese etc., keep your skin soft, supple and smooth.
- By improving your digestive system, jeera water helps your skin absorb essential nutrients effectively and nourishes your skin.
- Regular drinking of jeera water furnishes vitamins like A, C and E which are known for their anti-oxidative and anti-ageing properties. Cumin prevents premature aging of your skin.
- Jeera water is a natural anti-acne toner for your skin. Add a few drops of essential oils to jeera water for great results. Your skin will become clear, acne-free and toned.
- Jeera water helps reduce burning sensation and soothes the skin.
- Vitamins and minerals present in jeera water will nourish your hair from the roots, keeping your hair healthy and strong.
- Jeera water adds extra shine to your hair making it silky and lustrous.