Host a Christmas Themed Party
It’s Christmas time once again. Here are some fun hacks to host a party themed around Xmas.
It is time to let your hair down after a long year of hard work and toil. The best season of the year has finally arrived – the Christmas Season, a time of sharing and loving. So, pull out your Santa hats and send out invites…let us have a ‘Holly Jolly, Christmas’!
For your Christmas party, choose a date that is convenient and try to avoid Christmas Eve or days too close to Christmas, as most folks may already have plans in place.
The first item on the agenda is fine-tuning the guest list. Decide on whether you want a cozy party at home or whether you would need to rent a larger space to accommodate a large number of friends, colleagues and family members. While you are at it, check whether your guests are familiar with each other. If not, you could have some fun ice-breaker games to help avoid awkward groups huddled in different corners.
The whole Christmas feel must begin with the invite. Create invites based on the Christmas theme you have decided. There are so many themes you can choose from:
- Traditional Christmas or the classic Christmas party – deck up the house in green and red decorations, hang wreaths and ornaments, gather stockings and have a good old jolly celebration.
- ‘We Three Kings’ party – Stick to white, black and gold colors in tune with the three wise kings. Regal designs and small treasures make this religious theme a hit.
- Santa Claus theme – Another easy theme that has Father Christmas all over… from creative Santa-inspired decorations to desserts and tablescapes.
- Winter Wonderland – Go for a white Christmas with snowflakes, white decor, and snowmen in your party space. The theme allows for white and silver decorations. Keep the dessert bar white too!
- Reindeer party – This theme includes the familiar red and green color palette, but there are log centerpieces, reindeer treats, and sleigh bells to add to the decor. Gifting your guests with antlers and red noses as they walk in would make the theme even more fun!
- Elf party – Santa Claus, reindeer…why leave out the little elves? This gives many options for creative props and elf-inspired decorations.
Make sure the dessert bar is well stocked and choose your menu carefully so that you have time to enjoy your party as well.
Christmas parties are incomplete without fun activities for both adults and children. Appoint a trustworthy helper who will help you conduct all the games smoothly.
In addition to the traditional Secret Santa and gift wrapping competitions, include a Christmas photo booth/selfie stall where guests can have themselves clicked with Christmas props. Have a few fun activities exclusively for kids such as making ornaments and decorating the tree.
Get into the Christmas mood by arranging a Christmas karaoke where all the guests get a chance to croon to their favorite tunes. Have a Christmas carol charades game that will get everyone involved regardless of age.
Let the celebrations begin! Cheers!