These days, busy isn’t a good enough excuse to skip your workout. With fast and long-lasting results, HIIT or high-intensity interval training is your answer to a packed schedule.
High-Intensity Interval Training is a fitness routine that involves intense bursts of exercise in a short amount of time. Best suited for working professionals with limited free time, HIIT works wonders by using a work-hard-then-recover tactic that keeps your body running off energy hours past your workout. Studies revealed that two weeks of high-intensity training is as good as six to eight weeks of your gym workouts.
Don’t let the length of the training fool you; this workout is as challenging as it gets. Compared to steadily paced exercises, HIIT has several advantages that make it the preferred choice for health-conscious individuals.
- You don’t need any equipment: This workout is budget friendly! Even without a treadmill or dumbbells, trainees can pick up a HIIT exercise that only requires willpower and a solid floor to exert your body.
- Lose weight but keep the muscle: It’s hard to keep your muscles when your only goal is to shed the extra few pounds. HIIT sessions combine exercises that simultaneously help preserve muscle while ensuring that you lose weight.
- Burn fat faster, even post-workout: Your body keeps burning fat, hours after your workout. This is because HIIT creates an oxygen shortage in the body and the need for oxygen is persistent even during recovery.
- Cardiovascular benefits are in plenty: HIIT is focused on strengthening your heart and lungs, increasing bone density, and reducing the risk of heart disease and even some types of cancer. Working out at such an intense level is bound to keep your heart beating fast, ensuring good blood circulation.
- HIIT increases your metabolism and slows aging: About 24 hours after HIIT, your body produces up to 450% of Human Growth Hormone (HGH), which regulates bodily functions, burns calories, and slows aging.
It’s obvious why high-intensity interval training is gaining popularity. Many apps have picked up this concept and created fitness workouts that are focused on various needs of users like abs, leg, or cardio. In particular, one of the best HIIT apps is ‘7 Minute’ which allows users to pick a seven-minute session workout and guides them with audio.
High-intensity interval training is perfect for you. Whether it’s right before breakfast or during your lunch break at the office, as long as you put in a little effort, you can stay fit and healthy without spending too much time for it.