Green Tea for Weight Loss
Green tea should be an integral part of your daily diet for its health-protective potential curative qualities and weight control factors.
Green tea (Botanical name: Camellia sinensis) is made from the leaves of an evergreen tree that can reach to 30-feet heights in the wild. However, in tea plantations, the plant is pruned to about three feet, which helps new growth and easy plucking.
In use for thousands of years, green tea is a medicinal beverage. Originating in China, green tea is now popular world over. It has tremendous health benefits when compared to your brewed cuppa. Green tea leaves are less fermented, minimally processed and retain maximum quantities of antioxidants and poly-phenols.
Green tea has immense benefits especially for age-related and lifestyle diseases. Green tea helps in diabetes, heart disease, controlling BP, preventing formation of clots, reducing bad cholesterol in the blood and improving the ratio between good and bad cholesterol. It is also widely used in the treatment of cancer, especially Esophageal Cancer. Regular intake of green tea helps to delay the deterioration in brain cells that cause Alzheimer’s and Parkinson’s diseases.
The best news is that green tea is very effective in weight control and fat loss since it boosts metabolism. In a world where obesity is rising alarmingly, the benefits of green tea are being touted increasingly.
- The polyphenol in green tea helps to increase levels of fat oxidation. Combined with exercise, it impacts the rate at which the body turns food into calories. It contains many antioxidants especially catechins that boost metabolism.
- Decaffeinated green tea extract helps people lose weight. The question is how many cups. Scientists say six to seven cups daily while others say two to three.
- Tea contains caffeine, the stimulant that aids in burning fat.
- Fat must first be broken down in the fat cell. It is then moved into the bloodstream, and then becomes available to the body as energy. Green tea has important compounds that boost the working of fat-burning hormones.
- Green tea helps with weight loss by reducing appetite. That means an intake of fewer calories, which automatically helps to control weight.
- A cup of plain green tea contains only two calories.
Green tea is great to drink anytime, anywhere. Add a teaspoon of honey and a dash of lemon to enhance the taste and embark on your weight loss journey!