For centuries, cotton has been a staple wear during the summers, keeping us comfortable and cool. There are a lot of reasons cotton is ever present in our wardrobe, while every other fabric remains seasonal. Let’s take a look at why it will always rule the roost!
- Comfort first: Cotton doesn’t conduct temperature, making it an insulator. This means that whether it’s summer or winter, your body won’t heat up or get cold.
- You sweat less: Cotton absorbs the sweat from your body and this is why it’s the best fabric for fitness wear and undergarments.
- Controls body odor: Cotton allows you to carry out your daily activities, absorbing the different odors that come your way all day.
- No allergic reactions: One of the reasons most people prefer cotton is because it doesn’t cause allergic reactions, making it the best choice for babies and people with sensitive skin.
- Easy to wash: Cotton is 30% stronger when wet, which makes it impossible to tear during wash. Repeated washes are a must during summer and cotton allows you to do so.
- Adaptable wear: You can wear cotton for any occasion, from work to a party. Its adaptability means that you won’t need to change twice in a day.
- No clinging to you: Cotton holds no electric charge, so it doesn’t stick to your skin. Non-clinging fabric is the best during these hot days.
- Long lasting: Cotton is strong and durable, and one doesn’t have to worry about the fabric tearing. This is because of its tightly spun yarns.
- Flexible in the creation of garments: Cotton is used to make different kinds of cloth – for denim, dresses, shirts, and many more. The fabric takes dye well, and is thus, available in a range of colors as well.
Research proves that a good night’s sleep involves cotton. Using cotton for sleepwear as well as for your bed sheets allows your skin to breathe and avoid heat from gathering under the covers.
It’s obvious why cotton is widely used by people all over the world. The fabric suits you all year round, whether it’s summer or winter. Stay cool this summer and don’t let the heat hinder your style.