Have you put a great deal of thought into finding the right gift for your elderly parents and still come up short? Run through the following list and you might just find what you are looking for.
If you are looking to pamper your ageing parents but are finding it a challenge to hit upon the perfect gift, here are 10 novel ideas to consider.
- Big button talking calculator: This gadget is a perfect case of technology to the rescue. The color-coded buttons make it easier for users with low vision and the replay function verbally repeats what is being input and what is on display.
- Electric foot warmers: A great gift to make sure that your parents stay warm and cozy on the coldest of nights. They are sure to appreciate it!
- Adjustable bed wedge: This provides for a great deal of comfort when sitting up in bed to read or watch TV. It also helps ease the symptoms of indigestion, heartburn and acid reflux.
- Magnifier lamp: A magnifier desk lamp or floor lamp is ideal for brightening the workspace and for elderly bookworms who like to read in bed.
- Temperature monitoring sensor: Designed to provide relief during sharp temperature dips, this home system will ensure the comfort and safety for your parents.
- Induction cooktop: This is an ideal gift for the elderly. Not only does an induction cooktop guarantee quicker and more efficient cooking, it also limits the fear of burns from fire. This feature is especially important for elderly users who may tend to be slow or forgetful.
- Wall-mounted magnifying mirror: An awesome gift for those with fuzzy sight, it can help with getting the perfect shave, hairstyle or makeup.
- Electric toothbrush: For anyone over 60 years of age, using an electric toothbrush can help overcome any oral hygiene challenges and keep the teeth healthy and bright.
- Adult coloring books/puzzles: Apart from keeping your elderly parents occupied, adult coloring books or puzzle books are invaluable in keeping the ageing brain alive and active. Coloring books are becoming increasingly popular because they are great stressbusters too.