While there is no shortcut to success, it does not mean one must slave away till the end of time. The secret to success is not achieving targets with no time for anything else; rather, it lies in smart work.
Yes, you read that right. The key to having a productive and happy life lies in working smart rather than working hard. Here are seven tips to increase efficiency in your work life:
- Make time your ally: Invest in making a clear timetable, set deadlines for major projects and set reminders to ensure you are following your schedule. Working smart is all about managing time.
- Prioritize: Make a priority list every day, no matter how big or small the tasks may be. This makes it so much easier. Finish off the important tasks first. Don’t procrastinate if there are tasks you don’t like. Ideally, finish them once you have completed the important tasks.
- Delegate wisely: Do not shy away from delegating tasks. Sharing of work makes it easier to handle and ensures completion of work.
- Cut down distractions: Remove all possible interruptions, particularly electronic gadgets. Set aside time to check social media sites and your email and only check during those times. Focusing on tasks gets harder when there are constant diversions.
- Make breaks productive: Taking a break is as important as working. Take breaks at regular intervals to keep your mind refreshed. You could take a small walk or grab a coffee.
- Evaluate yourself: It is important to assess your progress, in terms of work completed. This helps you discover your strengths and vulnerabilities, so you can use them to your advantage.
- Get rest: Getting at least eight hours of sleep is vital for the human body. Do not make a habit of depriving yourself of sleep as it will affect your state of mind and interfere with the way you go about your daily duties.
Haggard faces with dark circles need not symbolize a hard-working individual. Happy individuals with fresh minds contribute positively to society as a whole. Isn’t that what life is all about? Staying happy while doing your bit!