10 Ways to Change Your Diet and Lose Weight in 2017
January brings in the New Year, new calendar and…new resolutions!
Dieting and losing weight figure on every other New Year resolution list. But making a list is one thing and sticking to it is another. Complicated diets, lifestyle requirements or pure laziness come in the way. A solution would be to make losing weight simpler and easier.
Changing your diet in some ways is a simple solution to losing weight. Listed below are ten simple ways to change your diet:
- Drinking at least three liters of water a day is a sure shot way to losing weight. It improves your overall health too and helps you stay fit.
- Add lemon to the water you drink. It helps to metabolize fat and detoxify the liver. This way, you burn more calories every day.
- Eat slowly. Relish every morsel of food and pause between bites. This will alert you when you are full and prevent you from overeating.
- Switch to a huge bowl of salad for lunch. Make it appetizing with interesting ingredients like nuts, juicy fruits and healthy greens that are wholesome while being tasty too.
- Eating smaller meals at regular intervals makes you more likely to eat less; you will also be less likely to binge later.
- Choose vegetable juice over fruit juice. Experts claim that vegetable juices make you energetic while stopping the cravings for sugar and salt. The delicious fresh taste is an add-on.
- Nuts are excellent for weight loss. They contain monounsaturated fats that help cut belly fat. The Vitamin E in almonds and omega-3 in walnuts have a whole lot of health benefits.
- Dieting does not necessarily mean reducing food. On the contrary, adding some foods like flaxseeds and psyllium seed husks do wonders for weight loss. The seeds are high in fiber, antioxidants and omega-3 fatty acids which help in maintaining a healthy weight.
- Inclusion of protein food at every meal is vital as proteins keep cravings and hunger pangs in check.
- Carbohydrates up energy levels but too much consumption is a no-no. Keep portions of pasta or bread in check and stick to golf-ball size helpings to avoid adding unnecessary carbs.
This New Year see your resolution through with these simple diet changes.